1. How do I pay the rent and deposit?
Direct reservation (whatsapp, instagram):
- The deposit of 50% of the rent is made by bank transfer to Bancolombia or Davivienda or by paypal.
- The rent can be paid in cash or by card at Casa Gaviota.
- Booking does not handle payments in Colombia (even if they have taken your credit card) so we ask for a deposit by bank transfer or payment link.
- The rest can be paid in cash or by credit card at Casa Gaviota.
AirBnB: The payment and deposit is handled by AirBnB.
2. How does the cooking and cleaning service work?
- Up to 5 people we include one employee to clean and cook.
- For more than 6 people a second maid is required at a cost of 70.000 pesos per day.
3. What options are there for transportation?
- Option 1: Private transportation, car and boat.
Our assistant will pick you up from your hotel or airport, accompany you to the supermarket and then to the town of Baru from where a boat will take the last piece to the house. The price up to 5 people is 450.000 COP one way, and up to 10 people 570.000 COP one way.
- Option 2: Private transportation - boat
Our assistant will pick you up from your hotel or airport, accompany you to the supermarket and then to the private boat. The total cost door to door incl. Taxi and boat is 750.000COP one way, i.e. 1.500.00COP round trip (up to 8 persons).
- You organize your own transportation by boat or car+boat. You organize your own transportation by boat or car+boat. To get to the house tell the boatman “Casa Gaviota, Barui Beach House, in Punta Blanca, where Manuel " the last piece always has to be by boat.
4. What to bring, what is there?
- There is water for personal hygiene and sheets/towels in the house.
- Shopping - including drinking water and food is recommended to do in Cartagena as it is cheaper and there is more variety, our assistant or driver will accompany you.
- Nearby there is a hotel with food and wifi called Baru Playa Eco Hotel.
- The nearest store is in Baru town, 20 minutes walk or 10 minutes by boat.
5. Can I come just for a day?
- We also do per day services, you can come and leave on the same day and have lunch at the location
6. Do you have Wi-Fi there?
- We have good quality wi-fi, if anything happens there is the Baru Playa hotel which also has good internet.
7. What activities can I do in the surroundings?
- You can rent a boat to go to all the islands of the rosario to go snorkeling.
- Go to the Aquarium or the Aviary which are very beautiful.
- Ask for a papayera band to play for you.
- Take nature walks in the dry forest of the region.
- Ask our butler and he will help you to organize it.